If Your Tooth Has Been Left Open To Drain
In order to alleviate your distress, your tooth has been left open for drainage. Follow these instructions until your next appointment:
- Irrigate your tooth as instructed with warm salt water after every meal (one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water).
- Avoid blocking the open tooth with food by cautiously eating on the opposite side of your mouth. Avoid eating foods that may contain small seeds in it that may get caught in the tooth. To prevent any accidental food blockage, continuously and gently rinse after meals or snacks with warm salt water.
- Avoid using objects (such as toothpicks) to remove debris within the tooth. Gentle and continuous warm salt water rinses are often all that are needed for removal of debris.
- If medication(s) have been prescribed, use according to directions.
- Notify this office in the event of any significant swelling, pain, or problems from the prescribed medication(s).
Remember that even though your tooth may be comfortable, follow-up treatment is necessary.
We expect your recovery period to be as uneventful as possible. However, if a question or concern should arise regarding your treatment or medication being taken, feel free to contact our office.